Preptober: Week One
Okay, okay, so it’s October 10th and not the first week, but for me it is! I’m a little behind, but that’s alright. I made a post just yesterday about my NaNo predicament, but there’s a lot more that I need to prep for, too! I’m gonna dive into this social media thing here for the first time and it’s gonna be… well. Interesting, I guess. Probably super stressful, too. I have a lot to do and I’m already thinking in my head, “Well, I can’t get a handle on all of it at once enough to make a series of blog posts about it, so it’s not that much, right?”
Perhaps the list of things I need and want to do is not so long, but it’s time consuming and that makes it difficult to wing it and hope I get it all done. So, here’s a short list of blog posts I’m eager to get done this month:
- Character Spotlight: Catori Spicer
- Character Spotlight: Arik Mercer
- General Spotlight: My awesometastic co-author
- Autumn Reads
- Autumn Roasts
- Super Short Story: A Spicer Autumn
That excludes the posts I’ll no doubt make about Preptober and NaNoWriMo. And speaking of, here’s my plan for my Preptober posts!
- Preptober Week One: This is that post. Yey!
- Preptober Week Two: Progress & Upcoming Posts/Plans
- Recap for Week One
- Character Building for selected NaNo novel
- Even More Character Building!
- Edits in here somewhere probably, I can’t seem to stop myself.
- Preptober Week Three: The Home Stretch
- Recap for Week Two
- First few chapters prep
- I really hope I still have time for those edits.
- Preptober Recap: Omg Did I Do The Thing?
- Did I do it, guys?? DID I MAKE IT??
- Hopefully I’m done with the second draft by now and can sit on those edits for a bit.
So, there’s another four posts! I already hate myself. Just sayin’.
Okay, so I’m gonna outline my plans for Week One last, now that I’ve got all that stuff down and out of my head (and I should really think about making lists off my blog, haha.) So! My list of stuff to do and some posts to expect in the coming days!
- General Spotlight: My co-author post
- Manuscript #2 edits
- Bug Fabian about the scifi project
- Start the Autumn Reads & Roasts posts.
- Start the Spicer Autumn post.
Thank god I spent today working on banners for the holidays. Heh.
For those of you wondering why I’m taking all this on, the answer is simple. I might not spend every day writing a novel, but I do want to spend every day writing in some way. This blog helps me do that. It’s also forcing me to get more organized and focused, which I desperately need. I’ve never been more motivated to do something than I am right now with writing and I want to channel that into building my life and building a career.
It’s time to treat this like a job, not a hobby.